PRINCIPLES FOR RESPONSIBLE INVESTING
In February 2017 QuayStreet became a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
Established in 2005 by the then United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan, PRI is regarded as the world's leading advocate of responsible investment globally.
QuayStreet promotes and encourages responsible investing through the Socially Responsible Investment Fund, which launched in 2007. The Fund currently adheres to a Socially Responsible Investment Policy screening process which seeks a balance between the financial and the socially responsible performances of an investment.
QuayStreet chose to become a signatory to publicly demonstrate their commitment to the Principles for Responsible Investing, an internationally agreed framework for investment decision making. This will position the Socially Responsible Investment Fund for the long-term and further strengthen QuayStreet's current approach to responsible and sustainable investment.
PRINCIPLES FOR RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT
ABOUT PRINCIPLES FOR RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT
The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of investor signatories in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions.
The PRI is truly independent. It encourages investors to use responsible investment to enhance returns and better manage risks, but does not operate for its own profit; it engages with global policymakers but is not associated with any government; it is supported by the United Nations*. It has over 1,900** signatories world-wide.
*The Support from the United Nations does not include financial support.
** As at April 2018.
The Principles are voluntary and aspirational. They include the following:
- Incorporating ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Being active owners and incorporating ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Seeking appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Promoting acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry.
- Working together with other signatories to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- Reporting on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.