Our talented group of specialists is the key to our success.
Collectively, the team has experience and a proven track record of managing high performing investment funds in New Zealand and global markets.
Director – Chief Investment Officer
Andrew has vast investment experience with a career spanning more than two decades. Prior to QuayStreet, Andrew was the Chief Investment Officer at Brook Asset Management with overall responsibility for portfolio construction, stock selection and asset allocation for all of Brook's funds.
At Brook Asset Management, Andrew was also responsible for Australasian sector research for the resources, financial and healthcare sectors.
Further funds management industry experience includes:
- Director/ Shareholder, Brook Asset Management – from January 2012 to May 2014
- Director/ Shareholder, Brook Asset Management – from April 2004 to February 2008
- Director/ Chief Investment Officer, BT Funds Management – responsible for management of all BT’s equity portfolios and the performance of all asset classes, asset allocation and the management of BT's investment staff - from 1998 to 2004
- Portfolio Manager/ Senior Analyst, Tower Portfolio Management - from 1995 to 1998
- Portfolio Manager/ Analyst, AMP Asset Management – from 1993 to 1995.
Qualifications: BAgSc; PGDipCom; INFINZ Member; CFA Charterholder
Head of Distribution
David has considerable experience in the financial services and portfolio management industries.
He brings a wealth of knowledge, managing key client relationships, growth strategies, and delivering client centred outcomes.
Most recently, David was Associate Director - Retail for AMP Capital where he was primarily responsible for the wholesale and IFA distribution business.
David's further experience includes:
- Client Relationship Manager, Russell Investments - from Aug 2010 to Jun 2013
- Investment Adviser, Investment Research Group - from Jul 2009 to Aug 2010
- Assistant Fund Accountant, Capita - from May 2008 to Apr 2009
- Equities Dealer, TD Direct Investing (Europe) - from Apr 2008 to May 2008
Qualifications: Bachelor of Design – Spatial, National Certificate Financial Services Level 5, IAQ - UK
Portfolio Manager - Income Fund and Fixed Interest Fund
Roy has considerable investment experience with more than a decade in the New Zealand market. Roy joined QuayStreet Asset Management in July 2014. Prior to QuayStreet, Roy was a Senior Analyst at Brook Asset Management where he commenced his career in 2005.
Roy's current responsibilities include:
- Portfolio manager of the Fixed Interest and Income Funds
- Equity research responsibility focusing on media and technology, consumer discretionary and aged care sectors
Qualifications: BMS (Hons); MBS; CFA Charterholder
Portfolio Manager - Socially Responsible Investment Fund
Stefan has considerable investment experience with more than a decade in the New Zealand market. Stefan joined QuayStreet Asset Management in July 2014. Prior to QuayStreet, Stefan was a Senior Analyst at Brook Asset Management where he commenced his career in 2007.
Stefan's current responsibilities include:
- Portfolio manager of the International Equity Fund and the Socially Responsible Investment Fund
- Equity research responsibility focusing on utilities, energy, infrastructure and ESG research
- Quantitative screening of assets, as part of the formal investment process.
Qualifications: BCA; BSc; CFA Charterholder
Head of Research
Xavier joined QuayStreet in September 2018. Previously, Xavier was a Senior Analyst at Diogenes Research, and an Industrials Analyst at JCP Investment Partners, where he commenced his career in 2007.
Xavier’s primary responsibility is research and analysis of Australasian equities plus overall responsibility for the stock selection process across all of the QuayStreet equity funds.
Qualifications: BCom (Finance & Accounting), MBA (Hons), Oxon
Schalk joined QuayStreet in October 2016. Previously, Schalk was a Private Wealth Associate at Craigs Investment Partners, where his main role was portfolio analysis.
Schalk's current responsibilities include:
- Portfolio analysis including performance attribution and risk monitoring
- Quantitative screening of assets as part of the formal investment process
- Equity research responsibility focusing on property and smaller companies.
Qualifications: Bcom (Economics & Finance), CFA Charterholder
Fixed Income Analyst
Craig Smith joined QuayStreet Asset Management as a Fixed Income Analyst in August 2021. Prior to moving to New Zealand, Craig has worked in the wealth management industry predominantly in Johannesburg. Most recently, he spent six years at a South African boutique fund manager as a Senior Investment Analyst, specialising in domestic fixed income and global equity research. He was also responsible for managing offshore client portfolios.
Craig's primary responsibility is research and analysis of Fixed Income securities.
Outside of work Craig enjoys family life, trail running, mountain biking and a variety of cuisines and good music.
Qualifications: Diploma in Advanced Banking (2005), Bcom Hons (Strategic Management) (2004), CFA Charterholder